Friday, April 17, 2015

Forever


4-8-15

My mission coming to an end is the weirdest thing of my life. It still doesn't feel totally real.

We drive to Charleston in the morning, and Sister Reed and I will be driving our own car, and then we'll have interviews and be at the mission home that day.  And amazing things have happened! We've had some GREAT pass off lessons with the Elders. I was super stressed that we would lose some of our people we're working with because transitions with missionaries are hard, especially when it's a complete companionship change... but things have gone so well!!! I can't wait to be home and be able to tell you all the stories of these wonderful people.

So we got to have a bonfire at the M------'s Monday night. It was heavenly. But my little M------, who is about four, didn't realize I was leaving for good until at the very end of the night we were hugging everyone and saying our goodbyes and she grabbed my hand and looked up at me and said, "Are you leaving forever?" I didn't think I was going to be able to hold myself together. I could hardly look at her as I said, "Well, I'm going home." 
Her face fell a little and she just said, "I wish you could stay here forever."
Me too, M-----.  Me too.

Bonfire!

 
It's so hard to leave these people


At least we know we are leaving the people we love in good hands

I'll see you in a few days :) I love you so much. I can't thank you enough for everything you've been and done for me this last 18 months.
See you Friday :)

I love you!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment