Saturday, January 3, 2015

Happy Heart


The new Bluefield Family:  Elders Erickson, Rueda, Tullis, and Hadfield
Sister Lichtenstein, Santa, and Me

12-15-14

Adjusting to Bluefield is going well. This week has been much easier then expected, and I can literally feel my prayers and the prayers of others working. I  got to have a great talk with Sister Frehner (from Instagram!) who is my STL.  The STL's are really, really good at taking care of me.  Last night we got to have dinner at our ward mission leader's home.  The ward mission leader is the father-in-law of the bishop.  The bishop is a sheep farmer and the ward mission leader is a cattle rancher. (The ward mission leader had to leave dinner early to go feed :)) We had dinner with the two families at their farm and we just all sat laughing and talking around the big table and eating great southern food and, oh gosh. . . my heart was so happy. This area is incredible.

Sister Reed did amazing work here, so we have some great investigators lined up.  We are teaching a lady who is all ready to get baptized, she just needs to get a new job that will allow her to come to church on Sundays.  

P.S. This week we were in the home of this less active lady who has a son who we are kind of teaching because he's not always there. This kid and I just hit it off and we're laughing and talking about the Book of Mormon and what not. We're sitting after our little lesson and we're about to watch the He is the Gift video. They have five pit bulls and two of them are on my lap, so I'm sitting there with these pit bulls and this crazy little shirtless kid by my side and this wonderful woman who has been to hell and back on the other couch who has let me into her home and into her life even though we met just an hour before, and the thought comes to me, "This is your butterfly." 

The tunnel through the mountain that we have to go through to get to the Bishop's house

My desk in the apartment

Fun thing about this apartment--because Sister Pierson left for home from this apartment, a lot of
her stuff is still here and I recognize it as hers. It makes me feel even more at home.
This made me so happy!  This is my companion Sister Long (Morgantown) who transferred to Ashland, and baptized this sweet lady that Sister Boldrin and I taught in Ashland more than a year ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment